- Relax in one of the rockers or Adirondack chairs on our porches and enjoy the fresh air and serenity of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book from our library.
- Explore our 29 wooded acres or visit one of the area parks where you can hike and take in breathtaking views:
Stone Mountain State Park – 10 miles away in Roaring Gap, NC
New River State Park – 25 miles away in Laurel Spring, NC
Doughton Park – 9 miles South on Parkway
- Enjoy a drive along the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Fish in one of the abundant trout streams of the area.
- Play a round of golf at one of the beautiful local courses.
- Glade Valley guests are able to enjoy club privileges at Olde Beau Country Club, including a discount on golf, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, hot tub, tennis courts, basketball court and exercise room.
- Ride horses at nearby stables.
- Shop at local craftsman and antique dealers.
- Canoe, kayak or raft down the New and Little Rivers.
- Enjoy local music venues offering everything from traditional mountain music to contemporary performances.
- Visit one of our lovely local wineries. A directory and more details about all nearby vineyards can be found on the Yadkin Valley Wine Country site at http://www.yadkinvalleywinecountry.com/.
The area’s charm and pleasant atmosphere is matched by a comfortable and gentle climate. Even on the hottest days of summer, a cool refreshing breeze is guaranteed by the lofty elevation. ~Alleghany Chamber of Commerce.